In this month's edition of our Sodha Traveler newsletter, we added a small quiz on India. Based on feedback from the past, people love trivia, so here is a more challenging version. See how many you can answer - without searching online or asking a friend! We will post the answers on Friday's blog. Have fun!
1. _________ is a Kashmiri multi-course banquet with 36 or more courses.
2. Name the four destinations on the Char Dham trail.
3. _________, located in Mumbai, is the world's largest outdoor laundry facility.
4. Name the southernmost tip of India where the Indian Ocean, Bay of Bengal, and Arabian Sea converge.
5. This national park in Assam hosts 2/3 of the world's Great One-horned Rhinoceroses.
6. Name five of the official Indian languages.
7. This town in Kerala is termed the Venice of the East.
8. Name this ancient center of learning in Bihar, considered one of the first universities in recorded history.
9. What Indian state currently has the largest number of business enterprises?
10. What dominant attraction in Srinigar offers visitors the opportunity to stay overnight on a houseboat?
11. This town and its surrounding area is said to be home to the Seven Sages, or Saptarshi.
12. What is India's largest city?
13. This site is where Buddha preached his first sermon after enlightenment.
14. Name the three cities that comprise the "Temple Trio" in Tamil Nadu.
15. In what four Indian cities are the United States Consulates located?