We are now accepting introductory submissions for the following:
It Was Only Meant As A Vacation: INDIA
This is the first book in a proposed series that will highlight the powerful or even comedic stories of people who have traveled abroad and had a life-changing experience that triggered the way they view themselves and the world. This could be a series of events, one moment, a chance meeting, a conversation, or any other experience that significantly defines a personal transformation in everyday life.
This particular book focuses on the experiences of travelers in INDIA.
This is an open submission. Please forward this email and/or distribute this information to any person or persons who may have a powerful story to share about their experiences in India.
Submissions must adhere to the following guidelines:
1. Submissions are personal narratives and must be non-fiction.
2. Submissions must be written in first person.
3. Submissions must not exceed 500 words.
4. Submissions must state location in India and any other relative facts that pertain to the context of the story.
5. Submissions should clearly express the timeline of the experience and how it affected the life of the author. Be descriptive.
6. Submissions should be proofread for grammatical errors.
7. Submissions must include the following information: Author's Name, Mailing Address, Email Address, and Contact Number.
This is an introductory submission that allows us to get a feel for your story. If your story is selected for further review, you will be contacted and asked to write a full-length version of your experience.
To submit your story: Send an email to Allison Sodha at email@example.com by July 15, 2008 midnight PST. Submissions must be sent in the body of the email. If your story is sent as an attachment it will not be read!
Please note that due to the volume of submissions, we may be unable to personally respond to each email.
Thank you for contributing your story!