You asked and we delivered! Sodha Travel is excited to announce a group tour to Sri Lanka in April 2013. To maintain an intimate cultural experience, this tour is limited to 24 guests.
Sri Lanka, known as Ceylon before 1972, is an island nation in South Asia. Sri Lanka had always been an important port and trading post in the ancient world, and was increasingly frequented by merchant ships from the Middle East, Persia, Burma, Thailand, Malaysia, Indonesia and other parts of Southeast Asia. After over two thousand years of rule by local kingdoms, parts of Sri Lanka were colonized by Portugal and the Netherlands beginning in the 16th century, before the control of the entire country was ceded to the British Empire in 1815. During World War II, Sri Lanka served as an important base for Allied forces in the fight against the Japanese Empire. A nationalist political movement arose in the country in the early 20th century, with the aim of obtaining political independence, which was eventually granted by the British after peaceful negotiations in 1948. Famous for the production and export of tea, coffee, rubber and coconuts, Sri Lanka boasts a progressive and modern industrial economy. With rows of coconut palms, dense forests and clear waters of the Indian ocean, Sri Lanka is an incredible offshore garden.
On this tour, visit the capital of Colombo, tea plantations of Nuwara Eliya, beaches of Hikkaduwa, and cultural center of Kandy. Also, experience a jeep safari in Minneriya National Park and a visit to the ancient capital of Polonnaruwa.
April 10-19, 2013
10 days/9 nights
Colombo – Habarana – Kandy – Nuwara Eliya – Hikkaduwa
- Dambulla Cave Temple, part of the largest preserved cave temple complex in Sri Lanka
- Temple of the Tooth, housing the Sacred Tooth Relic of Buddha
- Pinnawela Elephant Orphanage, a renowned refuge that houses retired, abused, or orphaned elephants
- Galle Fort, built by the Portuguese in 1558
- A traditional tea plantation in the rolling hills of Nuwara Eliya
- A Kandyan dance performance
- 9 nights of superior hotel accommodations
- Daily breakfast
- Festive Farewell Dinner
- A/C vehicle and driver
- Comprehensive touring, including entrance fees and a private guide
- Jeep safari in Minneriya National Park
- Airport transfers
- Road taxes and fuel surcharges
- And many more special experiences!
$1498.00 per person, based on double occupancy
Single Supplement: $797
Special offer: Register by September 14th and receive a $50 booking discount!
Please note: We understand that our clients prefer options when it comes to air travel. Many want to use mileage programs, choose the airline, and/or upgrade the class of service. For this reason, international airfare is not included. However, Sodha Travel will be offering a group airfare option, to be finalized in the fall.
For a detailed itinerary or to register, please contact a Sodha Travel Destination Specialist.